Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ethical Naturism

  Sorry that it has been a while since my last post.  Time just gets away from all of us.  If you have been checking back occasionally to see if I have posted anything new,  leave me a comment.  If I see that people are actually reading this, I will try to post more often.
  As you know from my posts, I listen to a podcast called “The Naturist Living Show”.  This is the effort of the owner of a naturist park near Toronto Canada.  Throughout his podcasts (there are over 40 of them now), he talks about “Ethical Naturism”.  He even has one show dedicated to the subject.  You can listen to it here:   http://feeds.bareoaks.ca/~r/NaturistLivingShow/~5/fPyupSI66sE/Ethical-Naturists.mp3 .
  So what in essence is ‘Ethical Naturism’?  According to Stéphane – and I wholeheartedly agree with him – an ethical Naturist has as their guiding principal the practice of “Respect for Self, Respect for Others and Respect for the Environment.”   Also, the true ethical naturist follows the practice of a non-clothing optional policy.  That is to say that when practical – weather and safety permitting – the ethical naturist is nude.  It seems that that should go without saying, but at many resorts and clubs, clothing optional is the norm.  As mentioned in the podcast listed above, if a person is not encouraged by policy to be nude at a resort or club, they may never be and then they or those that are nude will feel self-conscious about being around the other.  This limits the ability for them to get the complete naturist experience.   It is that complete experience that has been shown to remove the fear and self-consciousness that people are often concerned about when trying naturism for the first time.
  I would encourage you to either subscribe to the Naturist Living Show podcast through iTunes or however you can get them and listen to them all. Download them to your iPod or MP3 player and listen to them as you commute or travel. Start at the beginning and learn how Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park is a shining example of Ethical Naturism.  As you listen, you will get an amazing amount of the good, wholesome, family naturism  philosophy that seems to be making a naturist resort in the cold north country of Canada an extremely popular place to go.

Peace,
Jeanluc

1 comment:

  1. Yo! I love your blog and think it is great someone in Kansas (I'm a Kansasan (sp?) too) understands and promotes naturism. Thank you!

    Also, "The Naturist Living Show" is amazing. I like listening to those in the car, at home, anywhere that I can get away with it.

    Keep blogging and I'll read it.

    ReplyDelete